Sunday, February 26, 2012

Delicious Crochet Strikes Again

This time, it's for my sis in law.  She's having a baby girl, so I showed her the DeliciousCrochet  page and had her choose.  My hope was that she would go for the pony b/c that's what I've secretly planning my next project to be, but no, alas. . . She chose the Baby Giraffe instead.  This is what the finished product is supposed to look like:



I am thinking of making some changes, tho.  As cute as the eyes are here in this photo, I've seen some major disasters on Ravelry that give me pause. I've decided to fall back on what I learned from the T-Rex pattern and try to produce eyes that look more like her Olga Ostrich pattern:

I like the idea of starting the black pupil in the actual ball itself, instead of making an all white eye and stitching a black circle on afterwards. Okay, this is the best I can do to see how these eyes would look on the giraffe:



Much better!!!  I like Delicious Crochet because of her eyes.  Well, not HER eyes.  I don't know what she looks like for real, (I imagine she's Hispanic in coloring, just chunky enough to give her curvy sass, and about my age)  I like her crocheted eyes. She just knows how to make eyes look good.  Secret:  embroidery stitch.  Pretty cool.

I am also thinking of adding three rows of ruffles to the back side of the diaper for a feminine touch.  I'll use the ruffles from this pattern:



Intended Changes to Giraffe:  eyes, purple eyelids with a black line and popcorn stitch to mimic eyelashes, pink pacifier instead of blue, ruffles on the back of the diaper, different colored bear (pink and white?), stitch bear to one of the hooves so it won't get lost.  

Progress so far (2/21-3/2)


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment